The meteoric rise in the popularity of Vaping continues unabated as both a social medium and as a viable option for those looking to giving up smoking, there are many phases and terminology that can befuddle even the most seasoned of vapers. If you’re fairly new to the vaping world or simply would like to better understand some of the more unusual vaping terms, then please read while I try to describe some of them for you.
Some Basic E-Liquid Terminology
There are many vaping phases that refer to e-liquid, vape liquid or vapour juice, from the several mix combinations to the different ingredients in the e-liquid used by vapers in their machines. So, here we go –
- PG – Propylene Glycol – one of the key components of e-liquid.
- VG – Vegetable Glycerin – also one of the main ingredients of vape juice.
- Salt nic – a newer form of nicotine used in the newer e-liquids available.
- 50/50 – e-liquid with even amounts of PG and VG.
- 80/20 – a vape with a higher level of PG for greater flavour production.
- 70/30 – vape liquid with a larger amount of VG for larger vapour clouds.
- Shortfill – e-liquid sold with no nicotine pre-mixed.
- Shots or Nic shot – these are added to shortfill e-liquids to produce an e-liquid of a specific desired strength.
Some Vape Device Terms You May Not Know
If you are fairly new to vaping and looking to move to a more advanced vape machine some of the terms may seem a bit of minefield, I will try to explain some of them here –
- AIO – All-In-One describes a vape with all the components self-contained.
- ADV – All Day Vape terms for an e-liquid so good you’ll use it all day.
- Coil – contained within the tank or pod, when heated vapour is produced.
- Clearomizer – a smaller vape tank used in vape pens.
- Drip Tip – this is the mouthpiece with which you inhale the vapour.
- Mods – more advanced and powerful vape machines.
- Pods – the newest design of vape device, uses a pod instead of a tank.
- Sub 0hm – a type of coil with lower resistance, used for the production of larger vapour clouds.
- Tank – contains the coil and is filled with e-liquid.
- Vent Holes – used in some devices to change the airflow in the device.
- VV – Variable Voltage – advanced devices have the ability to change voltage.
- VW – Variable Wattage – again the ability to change the wattage on a vape device.
I hope that has given you some ideas for what sort of machine you might progress to on your vaping journey, there are many great vape devices to choose from.
Some More Unusual Vape Terms
Even if you have researched a great deal of information related to vape machines and the e-liquid used in them there may be some terms you do not understand, in a brief list of different vaping phrases we will cover anything not already mentioned.
- Cloud Chaser – a vaper who wants to produce massive vapour clouds.
- Dry Hit – when you inhale and the liquid in the device hasn’t burnt correctly.
- DTL – Direct-To-Lung is a vaping style where the vapour is drawn into the lungs.
- MTL – Mouth-To-Lung the style of vaping used by many.
- Throat Hit – used to describe the sensation on the throat when vaping similar to smoking traditional cigarettes.
I hope you are now better informed and can navigate your way in the vaping world to further enhance your vaping experience.